You know that feeling of going through your newsfeed and reading a quote that strikes a chord with you in that very moment, it’s amazing, right?
It makes you feel inspired and motivated! When we talk about travel quotes, they have a funny way of unleashing our inner nomad, leaving us wishing that we actually functioned like complete hippies who only focused on enjoying the journey and not reaching any set destination.
These are my all-time favorite travel quotes!
- “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
Life is all about perspective. When you see normal things from an extraordinary point of view, you can’t help but feel overwhelmed, and in a weird way ‘changed’ by the experience.
- “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
As members of the human race, we find ourselves to be superior to others in the animal kingdom. To add to the distinctions of species, we’ve created further divisions between our own kind as well in the form of nationalities.
Those who do not travel are unaware of the vastness of this universe. They are left in their little bubbles completely unaware as to how insignificant they are in this master picture – Travel opens one’s eyes and mind.
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
To reach some place new you need to get out of the first place first. And for that, you need unshaken courage and strength.
- “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
As global citizens, we all bear little knowledge about our fellow inhabitants. But you’d be shocked to find out how inaccurate this information can sometimes be. To travel and to experience things firsthand is the only way you can gain firsthand knowledge about any given place and its people (I was shocked when I found out that Canadians don’t actually live in igloos)
- “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” – James Michener
When making the effort to travel, have the courage to explore new avenues as well. To learn about any culture or country you need to experience their lifestyle from the grassroots that are reflected in their food, customs, and culture – Traveling means to explore not to merely witness.
- “When overseas you learn more about your own countrythan you do the place you’re visiting.” – Clint Borgen
Finding yourself in the shoes of a tourist in a land far away will automatically turn you into a foreign ambassador. Not only will you be representing your country to others, but you will also be repeatedly asked to answer questions about your hometown that probably never crossed your mind when there.
- “I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine.” – Caskie Stinnett
There is nothing more pleasing than an unplanned journey that’s not dependent on a road map, route or destination.
- “An Investment in travel is an investment in yourself.” ~ Matthew Karsten
The places you’ll visit and the people you’ll meet will change you forever and teach you unparalleled life lessons, in a way that can’t be described, explained or relayed.
- The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. – G.K Chesterton
If you travel with expectations you’ll miss out on all the silent secrets that lay hidden in apparent clarity.
- Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit.
– Frank Borman
Travel, mystery, and wonder are engraved in our souls. It’s in the human spirit to wonder and crave for answers, and traveling is the only way to satisfy this hunger.
- If you think adventure is dangerous, Try routine, it’s lethal.
– Paulo Coelho
Nothing is more toxic than a cyclic routine that doesn’t allow one to innovate and challenge themselves. Living in a confined cycle limits perspective, opportunities, and mental growth.
Well, these are my favorite travel quotes that always remind me why traveling is important, and urge me to get up and explore the world! What are yours?
Comment below and let us know.